Friday, July 22, 2011

Casual Friday

Fridays are casual at my office, which for everyone else means jeans. For me, in the summer, it means a simple cotton dress and nice flip flops. I cannot for the life of me understand how people wear jeans when its over 100 degrees outside.

I got the cardi from New York & Co online's super sale last week. In the picture online I liked it a lot, but by 11am today I realized the way I styled it made it look a little like a lab coat. I need to play around with it a bit to make it look less medical attire-esq and more practical light weight middle of July cover up, I think a belt is in order.

See how much happier I am in these photos? That's because even a super light weight cardi is a terrible thing to have on when its 103 degrees out at 5:30pm.

Dress: Old Navy
Cami: Target
Cardi: New York & Co
Shoes: Charlotte Russe

2 comments:

  1. i think a necklace would have been nice. i love the dark blue of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH good call! I always forget to think about other necklaces than my om.

    ReplyDelete