Wednesday, March 14, 2012

TxSC - Friday

First, let me say that I am really bad at taking photos in the moment at big events. I want to enjoy, and talk, and soak everything in, which is awesome, but hard when you have a blog. So, please, bare with my few Instagram photos.

Second, I have been working on this post all week, it got crazy long. So I decided to break it up into 3 parts, one for each day. Get ready for lots of TxSC adventures.

Friday Night
Clothing Swap


Things started out a bit rough this evening, I left work a little early to get ready and head down to the swap and maybe a little happy hour beforehand, but thanks to terrible traffic and rain, that didn't happen, which ended up being totally okay, because it took me an hour to get downtown which is normally a 15-20 minute drive.

This night was mostly about people watching and feeling things out, I met up with the lovely Julie who introduced me to Sara. We spent most of the night chatting and discovered we all work in non profits and fund raising. We might even start a meet up group, but for now we will definitely be doing champagne brunches! From the swap I ended up with an awesome skirt from Delightfully Tacky and a great statement necklace that had no tag (if it was yours, let me know!) I also got a very cute dress from Lulu's. I'm excited to style all of them in the coming weeks.

LOVE that the dog lover sticker was a weenie dog, WTG Indiana!

After Julie and Sara left I hung out with Bryan and Kendi and met some other awesome bloggers, including Jentine. I loved My Edit before but now I love it even more. It is so great when people are actually more awesome in real life, and she is seriously awesome.

After a delicious dinner, it was time for sleep, which was only briefly interrupted by a howling puppy not happy about play time being over and creeper cats.

Serious Petunia, is serious, about play time and has a new found love of air mattresses, which she believes are actually bouncy castles.

Next up: Saturday and more rain than Austin has seen all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment